We want to make sure that we know if your child is absent from school. Ohio law requires us to notify parents if their child is absent, so we can help keep kids safe.
To let us know if your child is absent, please call CWMS at (614) 833-2151 or email us at CWMS@cwls.us before 9 a.m. If the office is closed, you can leave a voicemail. When you contact us about an absence, we will need the following information:
- Student's name
- Home base teacher or team
- Your relationship to the child
- Reason for absence
If we don't receive a call from you, you will receive an unexcused absence notice from us by phone, email, or text.
Students who are tardy to school should enter the front lobby doors and sign in with the attendance secretary. Tardy time is from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., and it is unexcused without a doctor's excuse. Chronic tardiness is unacceptable.
To ensure the safety of our CWMS campus, visitors to the school must ring the callbox at the right of the front doors and show picture ID at the monitor to gain entry to the front lobby. All visitors must then stop at the front lobby desk to sign in and obtain a visitor pass before proceeding into the school halls.
If you have any questions about attendance or fees, please read the student handbook or contact the middle school office at (614) 833-2151.
Why does attendance matter?
It's important for students to be present and on time for school so they can reach their academic, social, and life goals. Students who are at school and ready for the day:
- Learn more. When you're present, you're able to pay attention to the lesson and ask questions if you don't understand something.
- Make friends. Being present gives you more opportunities to interact with your classmates and build relationships.
- Show respect. Being on time shows that you respect your teachers and classmates, and that you value their time.
- Are more likely to succeed. Students who are present and on time are more likely to do well in school and graduate.